What do you do in this profession?
During your training as a hotel specialist, you are becoming an all-round-talent – the expert in all areas within the hotel industry. You will get to know all work processes of all departments, from the reception to the restaurant, the Housekeeping and the kitchen as well as the office administration and in the reservation. At the end you will be able to handle tasks in all departments professionally and guide other co-workers.
Through your work you ensure the guests of a hotel to have an unforgettable stay.
Planning and organizing events are as well your tasks as the development and implementation of marketing strategies. You will be responsible for guest correspondence and communication with tour operators
What do you learn as a hotel industry expert?
In the 3-year training you will get to know the following areas of responsibility:
During your apprenticeship you will work in one of the renowned hotels in EL Gouna or Hurghada and you will lean the practical application of the knowledge studied at school.
- Handling guest requests and complains
- Conducting guest correspondence
- Preparing and calculating offers
- Knowing the internal hotel accounting
- Developing and implementing Marketing ideas
- Preparing and checking guest rooms
What do we expect from you?
- Intermediate school leaving certificate or comparable school leaving qualification
- German language skills at a verified B1 level (DSD I, certificate from the Goethe Institute, etc)
- Other language skills (good English, Arabic)
- Open to conversations with guests, customer and service orientation
- Teamwork and good communication skills
- Good memory and math skills
- Good organization and diligation talents
- Good physical resilience (when working while walking or standing)
- Good manners and pleasant appearance
Years Vocational Training
What do we offer you?
- 3 years vocational training in hotel management according to the German dual system
- Modern and high-quality equipment for a positive learning atmosphere
- Spacious classrooms with smartboards
- Large sport field
- Examination before the IHK Leipzig (in El Gouna)
Praxis related practical lessons within the school own facilities:
- Training kitchen
- 5-star standard hotel room
- Training restaurant
- Reception with Lobby Bar
- Computer cabinet with “Opera” hotel reservation system
- Possibility of accommodation as a service by the school
And the future?
The IHK degree as a hotel specialist is an internationally highly regarded degree. Hotel professionals have the best career opportunities in all departments of a hospitality and tourism industry